MC292401 – Cloud Site List Management for IE mode.
With Internet Explorer mode (IE mode), Microsoft Edge enables a seamless single browser experience for environments with a mix of legacy and modern applications. You can control which applications need legacy compatibility such that your end-users have the most secure browsing experience without compromising business critical workflows. As you transition your workflows and applications from IE11 to IE mode in preparation for retirement of the IE11 desktop application (MC257152 (May 2021)), the preview version of Cloud Site List Management enables you to manage your site lists for IE mode in the cloud through the Microsoft Edge Site Lists experience in the M365 Admin Center.
The preview experience will enable you to store your organization’s site lists in a compliant cloud location instead of requiring on-premises infrastructure to host your site lists. You can create, edit, import, and export site lists as well as audit changes to site list entries through the Microsoft Edge site lists setting in the M365 Admin Center. Multiple site lists can be published to the cloud and group policy can be used to assign different groups of devices to use different lists.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88257
When this will happen:
Microsoft expects to begin rolling this out to Targeted Release customers in mid-October 2021 and expect the GA rollout to all customers to be completed by mid-December.
How this will affect your organization:
If your organization is already using IE mode and you have an existing site list hosted on-premises, you will be able to move the site list to an authenticated endpoint for Microsoft Edge to consume.
What you need to do to prepare:
To prepare, Microsoft recommends understanding if your organization needs legacy browser support and identifying which sites need to use IE mode.
- View the Microsoft browser usage report in the Microsoft 365 Admin center to help size IE usage in your organization. Appropriate permissions required.
- Use the Getting Started guide to perform Site Discovery (typically 3-4 weeks). This is available as part of the Configure IE mode guided experience in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- FastTrack can help with deployment and configuration at no additional charge for customers with 150 or more seats of Windows 10.
- Premier support will be available for this experience while in public preview.
- For help with web app and site compatibility, especially if you have legacy site concerns after configuring IE mode, learn more about the App Assure program.