MC253495 – Updated August 12, 2021: Microsoft is happy to inform you that the Result Clusters feature is now rolled out and is switched on by default. You can manage its visibility with the settings in the All vertical. Thank you for your patience.
With Graph connectors result clusters, enterprises can search for content from third party connector data sources in their default view, the All tab, in SharePoint, Office.com, and Microsoft Search in Bing. The results shown in a result cluster are grouped together based on the search vertical configuration.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID Roadmap ID 72198.
- Timing: Microsoft will begin the rollout in mid-June (previously late May) and expect to complete by mid-July.
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Control type: admin control
How this will affect your organization
With this feature, enterprises which have configured Graph connectors correctly, will start seeing results from the connectors in the All tab in the end-points mentioned above. How the results are selected and displayed is explained: Graph connectors result cluster (currently in public preview).
This is on by default and Admins can disable the feature if they need to, by following these steps:
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, go to Verticals
- Select the All vertical, then choose Hide connector results.
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.