MC261351 – Microsoft Compliance Manager is a feature in the Microsoft 365 compliance center that helps you manage your organization’s compliance requirements with greater ease and convenience. This new release of pre-configured assessment templates extends Compliance Manager capabilities beyond Microsoft 365 assets.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 72223.
When this will happen
Rollout will begin in late June and is expected to be complete by late July 2021.
How this will affect your organization
This release enables Compliance Manager’s comprehensive set of pre-built assessment templates to support any product or service that your organizations uses, helping your organization comprehensively manage its compliance with a broad set of national, regional, and industry-specific regulations and standards.
If your organization has already purchased or is planning to purchase a template, or is using templates included with your license level, this functionality will be available alongside the Microsoft 365-specific compliance guidance present in the included or premium templates for no additional charge.
- Included templates: Are available for use as part of your organization’s licensing agreement. Note that included templates vary by license level or cloud environment.
- Premium templates: Premium templates must be purchased in order to create assessments from them.
Note: By the end of June, all available included and premium assessment templates will be visible within Compliance Manager for all license levels. Currently customers with A5/E5/G5 licenses are able to see the list of premium assessments. Beginning July 1, premium assessments will be available for purchase for all license levels via the Compliance Manager Premium Assessment Add-On SKU (previously only available to E5/A5/G5 license holders) via the Microsoft 365 admin center.
What you need to do to prepare
Get started by visiting the Microsoft 365 compliance center here:
- Microsoft 365 compliance center for Commercial and GCC cloud tenants
- Microsoft 365 compliance center for GCC-High cloud tenants
- Microsoft 365 compliance center for DoD cloud tenants
Learn more about Compliance Manager by reviewing the following documentation: