MC226990 – Updated March 31, 2021: Microsoft has completed the roll out for Worldwide tenants and expect to complete rolling out for Governments tenants by mid April. Thank you for your patience.
Note: The Category column can be enabled in the view by selecting it from the Choose columns drop down.
Microsoft is making it easier to discover relevant Message center posts and are providing an improved Message center reading experience.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 67102.
When this will happen
Microsoft will begin rolling out this feature in mid-December 2020 and expect the rollout to be complete in mid-April.
How this will affect your organization
Message center will have improved search and filtering functionality. The list view will also be more customizable and interactive, and the message detail panel provides an enhanced reading experience.
Here are the detailed changes you can expect in this new experience:
- Favorite messages to make them easier to find
- In-line filtering control
- New column in the Message center list highlights the services related to a post
- Next and Back arrows in the message detail panel provide improved navigability
- Pivots will be consolidated to Inbox and Archive
- Sort by Act by date, Favorite, Last updated, Message ID, and Message title
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify Message center users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.