MC234129 – Based on learnings from our early rings, we have made the decision to make additional changes to the code before we proceed with the roll out. We will deliver a new Message center post once we re-start the roll out. Thank you for your patience.
Message reminders help users remember to reply to or follow up on messages by bringing them to the top of their message list.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 67154
- We will communicate via Message center we are ready to proceed.
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Control type: user control
- Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization
After Outlook assesses that a user might have forgotten to respond to or follow up on emails, the user might start seeing these messages brought to the top of their inboxes. If applicable, a maximum of one email will be brought to the top of the user’s inbox at a time.
Users can disable this in Settings/Layout/Message reminders.
What you need to do to prepare
This feature will roll out default on. If you don’t want this feature to roll out to your users, please follow the below instructions to disable it using PowerShell:
- Parameter is set under Set-OrganizationConfig.
The MessageRemindersEnabled parameter enables or disables the message reminders feature in the organization. Valid values are:
- $true: Message reminders are enabled
- $false: Message reminders are disabled