MC301473 – Microsoft is adding a dropdown menu that allows you to easily switch between multiple document libraries associated with a team or site. Now when you select a team or site within OneDrive, you’ll be taken to the default document library instead of a list of document libraries to choose from.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 81990.
When this will happen:
- Targeted release (select users and entire org) : will rollout in early January and be complete by mid-January.
- Standard release : will rollout in mid-January and be complete by early February.
How this will affect your organization:
The scope of this change is limited to OneDrive and SharePoint websites and you’ll notice:
- When a user selects a team or site within OneDrive, they will be directly brought to the default document library instead of choosing from a list of document libraries. They can choose a different document library by using the library dropdown.
- When a user selects a document library within SharePoint, they will be able to choose a different document library using the library dropdown next to the breadcrumb.
- Where applicable, users will still be able to click the site name in the breadcrumb to see the full list of document libraries.
Use the library dropdown
Then choose a different document library
Note: Microsoft is planning future work to bring this library dropdown to OneDrive mobile apps, Office, and Teams but currently do not have a timeline to share.
What you need to do to prepare:
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.