MC240393 – Updated May 04, 2021: Microsoft has updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
The OneDrive and SharePoint admin centers are converging into one, providing you with holistic control as Microsoft streamlines the admin experience.
This feature is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 65911.
When this will happen
- Phase 1 is rolling out from mid-February through early May (previously March), beginning with Targeted release (organization) tenants.
- Phase 2 is rolling out from mid-May through mid-June (previously March), beginning with Targeted release (organization) tenants.
How this will affect your organization
In Phase 1, Microsoft is adding OneDrive Sync, Storage, and Notifications settings to the Settings page in the SharePoint admin center. You can identify them by the OneDrive icon and name. In this phase, there are no changes in the OneDrive admin center.
In Phase 2, Microsoft will add a link from the OneDrive admin center https://admin.onedrive.com to the converged SharePoint admin center. In addition, they will add a banner in the OneDrive admin center announcing the new access point.
You will have access to OneDrive settings in both locations until late spring. Microsoft will communicate with you again before this retirement timeline is finalized.
What you need to do to prepare
When the link becomes available, Microsoft recommends using SharePoint admin center instead of the OneDrive admin center for improved:
- Support for admin roles such as Global Reader
- Reports and insights on the new home page (coming soon)
- Performance and reliability
You might want to notify SharePoint and OneDrive admins about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.