MC264094 – Microsoft is releasing a new feature to allow users to set their email notification preferences.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 81993
When will this happen:
Microsoft expects this rollout to begin in early July and expect the rollout to be completed by late July.
How will this affect your organization:
Today, users automatically receive email notifications when:
- Someone likes or comments on a page or news post they created
- They are @mentioned in a comment or reply
- Someone replies to one of their comments
Additionally, users receive weekly digests of news they might have missed.
With the new email notification settings feature, users will be able to set their preferences to receive none, some, or all these notifications.
Once your organization has rolled out this update, users can adjust email notification preferences as follows:
1. On the SharePoint start page, select Settings at the top right.
2. Select Email notification settings.
3. Toggle options off or on to set your preferences.
What you need to do to prepare:
You don’t need to do anything to prepare, but you may want to let your users know about this new option.