MC231108 – Updated February 25, 2021: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
With this feature, users can add the Channel calendar app to a Teams channel when using the Teams desktop app.
When this will happen
- Production tenants: rollout from mid-January through the end of January 2021 – Complete
- Government tenants:
- GCC-High: from early February through the end of February
- DoD: from end of February to late MarchHow this will affect your organizationThis feature makes it easy for members to see scheduled channel meetings.
- Select new tab+ at the top of the channel
- Find and add Channel calendar from available apps
Teams automatically creates a new post when a channel meeting is created. It will appear in the activity feed and/or in a banner notification depending on users notification settings. Any user who has notifications turned off will see the event only when they open the channel calendar.Note: the channel calendar is available only to team members. Guest users cannot access the channel calendar app.What you need to do to prepareThe Channel calendar is available to all users by default.Administrators can control apps by following the guidance in the article: Manage your apps in the Microsoft Teams admin center.You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.Learn more: Manage meeting policies in Teams