MC300029 – Updated December 17, 2021: Microsoft has updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Microsoft will be updating guest user functionality within the Microsoft Teams app.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88430.
When this will happen:
Microsoft expects to begin rolling this out in early January (previously early December) and expect the rollout to be completed by late January (previously late December).
How this will affect your organization:
Microsoft is making the following changes to the Teams client UI and there is no affect on guest user permission and/or access to resource.
- A guest user can now decline a pending guest invitation within Teams app
- When the guest user clicks Decline, Teams Tenant List will not show the tenant with the pending invitation and in the Account Management tab
- A guest user can now initiate leaving an org (taking the user to the portal where the user can now leave a guest tenant)
- When the guest user clicks Leave Org, user will be guided on how to leave a tenant from Teams and Azure Portal
- A guest user can now manage guest tenant list by choosing to hide/show guest tenants
- When the guest user clicks Hide/Show, the tenant will be shown (or hidden) in the Menu under the tenant list.
What you need to do to prepare:
No additional actions are required in preparation of this update.
Note: There is no affect on guest user permission and/or access to resource.