MC300029 – Microsoft will be updating guest user functionality within the Microsoft Teams app.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88430.
When this will happen:
Microsoft expects to begin rolling this out in early December and expect the rollout to be completed by late December.
How this will affect your organization:
Microsoft is making the following changes to the Teams client UI and there is no affect on guest user permission and/or access to resource.
- A guest user can now decline a pending guest invitation within Teams app
- When the guest user clicks Decline, Teams Tenant List will not show the tenant with the pending invitation and in the Account Management tab
- A guest user can now initiate leaving an org (taking the user to the portal where the user can now leave a guest tenant)
- When the guest user clicks Leave Org, user will be guided on how to leave a tenant from Teams and Azure Portal
- A guest user can now manage guest tenant list by choosing to hide/show guest tenants
- When the guest user clicks Hide/Show, the tenant will be shown (or hidden) in the Menu under the tenant list.
What you need to do to prepare:
No additional actions are required in preparation of this update.
Note: There is no affect on guest user permission and/or access to resource.