MC246221 – Updated May 27, 2021: Microsoft has updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
This release of Multiple spotlights in Teams meetings will allow organizers and presenters to spotlight up to 7 participants simultaneously for everyone to see during meetings and will roll out across Microsoft Teams Desktop, Mobile and on the Web.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 80425
When this will happen
- Desktop will rollout from mid-June (previously early May) through the end of June (previously mid-may)
- Mobile (Android) has started rollout and will complete by end of June.
- Mobile (iOS) will rollout from mid-June through the end of June.
How this will affect your organization
Users, when they are the meeting presenters or organizers, can now spotlight more participants in Team meetings than ever before. The spotlighting of selected participants will be maintained on their videos or avatars for everyone to see until turned off by the presenter or organizer.
Presenters/organizers can now:
- Start spotlight on multiple participants by accessing their context menu from the participant roster or from the stage
- Stop individual spotlights or stop all spotlights in bulk from the roster
- Spotlight a maximum of 7 participants simultaneously in a meeting
Two meeting attendees being spotlighted by the presenter.
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.