MC244062 – Yammer networks aligned to native mode currently do not allow guests. Guest support has been in public preview since December 2020 (MC229724). The feature is now moving to general availability.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 80993.
When this will happen
The feature moves from public preview to general availability in late March.
How this will affect your organization
With this update, admins of Yammer networks aligned to native mode can enable external collaboration so that Yammer community admins may invite guests to a community.
By default, guest access is turned off.
- You can enable and disable guest access on a per community basis.
- You can control which users can invite guests into the tenant.
- You can easily configure email domains to allow and disallow guests.
- Rich audit logs allow you to review all guest actions in your tenant.
What you need to do to prepare
To allow guest access, go to Yammer network admin center > Security Settings > External messaging settings.
- After you enable guest access, community admins can invite guests to the communities to facilitate rich collaboration inside the community.
- You can also turn off guest access at any time. Turning off guest access prevents community admins from being able to add new guests.