MC276026 – Updated September 14, 2021: Microsoft has updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
This new update makes Yammer conversations a whole lot better by providing several new features you are able to experience in Yammer starting now! See below for what’s available to users. This will rollout on desktop, web mobile, and Mac.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 70809.
When this will happen:
Microsoft will begin rolling this out in late September (previously early September) and expect to complete rollout by the end of December (previously early October).
- Nested Replies: Yammer now has one level deep nesting which preserves the context around conversations, by grouping nesting replies to a comment, underneath the comment.
- Deep linking: Clicking on notifications in Yammer now takes you to the exact message that triggered the notification.
- Deletion Message: Yammer now allows you to delete content while still preserving the context around the discussion. The deleted content is replaced by a message that states this message has been deleted.
- Bi-directional Pagination: When you land in the middle of a long thread on Yammer, you will now be able to unroll the conversation in both directions (upwards and downwards pagination).
Now available only on web at the moment.
- Feed Sorting: You now have the option to sort the community feed which allows recent posts to show up first, ensuring your community feeds are easier to scan.
What you need to do to prepare:
To experience these changes, users need to toggle the new Yammer experience. Additionally, you might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.